Winterkill Insurance makes sure you have the capital you need to re-plant in case winterkill strikes and damages your plants during the autumn & winter seasons.
- Ice crust
- Excessive moisture / excess of water (floods, excessive rainfall, damping-off, water logging)
Period of cover
From sprouting (but no later than 1 Dec) till renewal of vegetation (but no later than 30 April).
Insured sum (UAH) = Cost of Production per ha (UAH) * Area (ha)
The following items can be included in the cost of production:
- Crop protection and fertilizers
- Land lease
- Expenses for machinery
- Fuel & lubricants
- Other expenses
Insurance premium (UAH) = Insured Sum (UAH) * Insurance Tariff (%)
Trigger of indemnity
The full indemnity is paid out when the density of the plants decreases by more than 50% during the period of cover.
The indemnity is equal to your cost of production, that is the sum insured, less the deductible (the share of the loss not compensated by the insurance company – you can choose 20 or 30%).
Insurance subscription process
You can subscribe in 3 easy steps:
- Application for insurance and quote.
- Field survey by an accredited agro expert. Measure of the initial plant density (plants / sqm).
- Confirmation of the insurance conditions, signature of the insurance contract and payment of the insurance premium.
The claims process is fair, quick and transparent.
- Notification of occurrence of a weather event / loss.
- At renewal of vegetation, measurement of the actual plant density by an accredited loss adjuster.
- Payment of the indemnity within 30 days.